RME M-32 AD Pro / M-32 DA Pro
Inc 20% VAT
To purchase this product please:
AD and DA converters
with MADI and AVB
- 32 x Analogue In/Out (25-pin D-sub, up to +24 dBu)
- 2 x MADI I/O (separate optical SC and coaxial BNC, up to 128 Ch.)
- 1x RJ45 1 GigE AVB, four streams with 4/8/12/16 Ch. each
- (optional) MIDI I/O for legacy MIDI Remote
- Word Clock I/O (BNC)
- USB 2.0 (for remote control)
- 2 x monitored fully redundant internal PSUs
The new RME M-32 AVB Series Converters
With the M-32 AD and M-32 DA, RME presented two independent 32-channel converters in 2010, which quickly became the industry standard thanks to their high quality, reliability and number of channels.
Since then, not only the converter technology but also the requirements of pro audio users have evolved in all kinds of areas - professional studios, immersive sound installations, live sound systems and even applications in the industrial sector requiring high analogue channel counts.
RME's response to this development: the new M-32 DA Pro and M-32 AD Pro.
(click image to enlarge)
Solutions for modern productions
Redundant power supplies, more compact housings, net- work functionality - these and other wishes were brought to us by our customers for a revised 32-channel converter series. With the new M-32 DA Pro and M-32 AD Pro, RME meets the diverse requirements of current productions and installations.
Reference in analogue and digital
Based on state-of-the-art, high-resolution converter components and a fully balanced analogue circuit design, the new M series offers a signal-to-noise ratio of 120 dB(A) with extremely low THD values, which places the converters in the reference class.
Linear and transparent
Each of the 32 channels enables AD/DA conversion with up to 192 kHz sampling frequency. The internal filters are based on the recently introduced ADI-2 Pro reference converter and allow a completely linear frequency response (up to 0 Hz at the output).
AVB - The future of network signal transmission
In addition to the two fully equipped MADI I/Os including separate signal routing, the new M-32 DA Pro and M-32 AD Pro feature an AVB interface based on the open network standards IEEE 802.1 and 1722.1, enabling transmission of the 32 analogue channels at a maximum 192 kHz sampling rate via a single Ethernet cable.
Combined with external AVB switches, the new M-Series converters can be quickly, easily and reliably integrated into more complex network structures thanks to the comprehensive time-synchronous signal processing of the AVB protocol.
The open AVDECC 1722.1 control protocol as part of AVB allows users to use external controllers from different manufacturers to control almost all device functions. In addition, a web interface and a JSON API are available - both via the network connection and the integrated USB port.
(click image to enlarge)
For maximum compatibility with a variety of analogue hardware, the individual channels of the M-32 AD Pro and M-32 DA Pro can be operated with different line levels - each with full resolution of the converters.
Besides +19 dBu and +13 dBu, the new M-Series is one of the few solutions available on the market that also allows working with the SMPTE® recommendation of +24 dBu at 0 dBFS.
Everything at a glance
The combination of level displays and channel labelling fields conveys a familiar analogue feeling but proves to be an almost indispensable advantage in daily practice. Using the supplied transparent papers, users can create individual channel labels and securely affix them behind a magnetic cover. This always gives a comprehensive overview of analogue channel assignments.
- 32-channel AD converter, fully symmetrical design, 120 dBa
- 19" enclosure 1 unit height
- Large, tri-color backlit channel indicators with Peak/RMS metering
- Magnetic cover with customisable channel labels
- SteadyClock III - audio quality not susceptible to input jitter
- SyncCheck® and ICC® - detects when a clock source is not in sync and falls back to other available signals
- MADI Auto-Input - seamless redundancy
- 2" display with control knob for full device control
- 15 Preset storage, firmware upgrade persistent
- Lock (optional code) and dark mode
- Internal routing of up to 224x192 M-32 AD Pro / 192x224 M-32 DA Pro channels in 4 channel blocks (32 x Analogue, 64 x MADI Opt, 64 x MADI Coax, and 64 x AVB)
- Remote control via HTTP, JSON, IEEE 1722.1 AVDECC, MIDI over MADI and optional MIDI
This item currently has no reviews.