RME HDSPe AIO (Discontinued)
Inc 20% VAT
PCI Express Card
Please note that the RME HDSPe AIO has been discontinued.
For the latest version, please see the RME HDSPe AIO Pro
- 1 x Stereo Analogue I/O (192 kHz)
- 1 x ADAT I/O (up to 192 kHz via S/MUX4)
- 1 x SPDIF I/O (192 kHz)
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O (192 kHz)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x Phones Output (separate DAC, 192 kHz)
- optional: Time Code Option
- optional: Analogue Expansion Boards
- optional: TDIF Expansion Board (obsolete)
*Standard TotalMix mixer only / does not include any FX
RME presents the world's most versatile PCI Express audio interface - the HDSPe AIO. This card makes the dream of an All-In-One solution for every possible application come true. The Advanced-Input-Output interface shines with the latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters, with more than 112 dB signal to noise ratio. For the first time, all inputs and outputs are simultaneously operational, even SPDIF (phono) and AES/EBU (XLR).
Additional hi-quality analogue inputs and outputs can easily be added by favourably priced expansion boards. Of course TotalMix, the unsurpassed flexible routing mixer and SteadyClock, RME's sensational clock technology with maximum jitter suppression of external clock signals, are on board too. HDSPe AIO also supports the optional TCO for synchronisation to timecode (LTC/video). All this combines into a professional 'soundcard' that the world has not seen before.
HDSPe AIO is the newly developed PCI Express version of the HDSP 9632. A newly developed genuine PCI Express core consequently takes full advantage of the new format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio and lowest latency. Thanks to RME's secure flash update technology, firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time.
The HDSPe AIO provides unique features:
- Balanced* stereo analog in- and output, 24-bit/192kHz, > 112 dB SNR
- Optional analog expansion boards with 4 balanced in- or outputs
- All analogue I/Os capable of 192 kHz, constant number of available channels
- 1 ADAT digital I/O, supporting 192 kHz via S/MUX4 operation
- 1 SPDIF digital I/O, 192 kHz-capable
- 1 AES/EBU digital I/O, 192 kHz-capable
- 1 Stereo headphone output, separate DA-converter and playback device
- So up to 18 inputs and 20 outputs can be used simultaneously!
- 1 MIDI I/O with 16 channels of hi-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- DIGICheck, RME's unique metering- and analysing tool
- TotalMix: 760 channel Mixer with 42 bit internal resolution
- Native PCI Express - no PCI to PCI Express bridge used
* The HDSPe AIO ships in a basic version with analogue RCA/phono breakout cables (headphone: TRS jack). Therefore all analogue I/Os are unbalanced. An analogue XLR breakout cable is available as option (headphone: Neutrik TRS locking jack), turning analogue into balanced mode.
HDSPe AIO includes SteadyClock (TM), RME's own clock technology, combining professional features like maximum jitter suppression at full varipitch capabilities and software controlled sample rates.
TotalMix - Real-Time Digital Mixer
TotalMix is RME’s real-time software controller, included free with all RME audio interfaces and sound cards. Providing complete control over RME devices, with TotalMix you can;
◦ Control all inputs and outputs on your interface (levels, routing etc)
◦ Route any input or software playback channel to any output
◦ Easily create submixes for monitoring, and routing out to other hardware in your studio
◦ Toggle mixer functions like Talkback
◦ Cue any output at the touch of a button
◦ Mute all of your inputs simultanouesly
◦ Recall volume levels, switch between speakers, switch between Mono and Stereo
◦ Save and load previous mixer states and routing setups
Please Note: the RME HDSPe AIO features the standard version of TotalMix only, and does not have any of the ‘FX’ found on the majority of RME devices.
TotalMix Remote - Remote Control Over Any Network
TotalMix Remote is a free companion app for TotalMix and TotalMix FX that enables network remote control over any supported RME device*, including wirelessly over Wi-Fi.
*Supported devices include any RME audio interface or sound card that features TotalMix or TotalMix FX. This includes devices dating all the way back to 2001!
When enabled on a secondary Mac, PC or Apple iPad, the app displays a mirror of the Host computer’s TotalMix software window, allowing for complete control over RME Audio Interfaces and Sound Cards via any standard network.
For more information and a Quickstart Guide for TotalMix Remote, click on the TotalMix Remote tab on the RME Technologies page.
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the HDSPe AIO comes up. The clear structured, easy to understand window plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode and sample rate make your work with the card to a real pleasure.
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronised. RME's exclusive SyncCheck© checks all input signals and displays their actual state, and thanks to RME's Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) concept you have all clocks and states under control - with ease.
Differences to HDSP 9632
- PCI Express interface
- S/PDIF and AES/EBU simultaneously operational
- even lower latencies
- independent phones out with
- direct support of HDSP TCO
An easy to handle ribbon cable connects the optional AI4S-192 AIO and AO4S-192 AIO. These analogue expansion boards having one bracket with 4 stereo TRS jacks offer the same performance as the on-board stereo analogue I/O of the HDSPe AIO: up to 192 kHz, balanced operation and 3 different reference levels. With this a maximum of 6 analogue inputs and 8 analogue outputs can be achieved.
Word Clock Expansion
The optional RME Word Clock Module provides a galvanically isolated word clock input and two word clock outputs via BNC jacks.
HDSPe AIO can also provide a TDIF interface when using the TEB module. The TDIF Expansion has been discontinued.
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- 2.5 Gbps line speed
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
- Supported sample frequencies: Internally 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz. Externally 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 0.7 ms, 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms
- All settings changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- TMS (Track Marker Support): Supports CD/DAT start-IDs and the read out of CD subcode
- Unique status windows for record and playback, showing mode and sample rate
- DIGICheck, RMEs unique metering and analysing tool
- Digital inputs and outputs ground-free transformer coupled
- 3-stage hardware level control for analog inputs and outputs
- Balanced analog input and output, DC-coupled signal path
- 192 kHz / 24-bit converters. SNR 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Maximum input and output level (0 dBFS @ HiGain): +19 dBu
- Low impedance headphone output (30 ohm), separate DAC and playback device
- Super low jitter design: < 1 ns in all clock modes
This item currently has no reviews.