Lauten Audio LS-208 Microphone
To purchase this product please:
Lauten Audio LS-208
- Professional front-address microphone
- Large-diaphragm condenser
- Internally shock mounted pressure gradient condenser element
- Excellent off-axis sound rejection
- Ultra-wide dynamic range (handles SPL up to 135 dB)
- Requires 48v phantom power
- Designed for live performance, studio recording and broadcast
- Ideal for voice and instruments
- Rugged and hard-wearing
- Built-in 2-Stage High and Low-cut filters
- Spider shock-mount
- Hard transport case.
Lauten Audio LS-208
The Lauten Audio LS-208 is a professional front-address, large-diaphragm condenser voice and instrument microphone that brings brilliance and expressiveness to broadcast, sound reinforcement, podcasting, and studio recording.
The LS-208 features a wide frequency response with a full 120dB of dynamic range and 135dB of SPL handling without the need for attenuation. The excellent off-axis rejection makes the LS-208 perfect for focusing on the sound source while reducing bleed in lively environments.
Constructed from high-quality components and outfitted with frequency shaping high and low-cut filters, the LS-208 comes with a spider shock mount great for broadcast, a hard mount for tight spots, a foam windscreen to protect from plosives, and a rugged road case housing all these accessories.
Studio Quality On Radio & Stage
The LS-208 is a professional front-address large-diaphragm condenser microphone designed for studio, live, broadcast recording and sound reinforcement. The LS-208 brings the brilliance and clarity of high-end studio microphones and combines it with the handling capabilities of a dynamic microphone.
The LS-208 does not require pre-attenuation but can handle 135dB SPL due to its circuit design. Highly unique for a microphone of its type is its ability to capture a full 120db of dynamic range without the use of internal or external pre-attenuation. This gives engineers the ability to capture brilliant recordings of highly dynamic instruments and environments without sacrificing sound quality.
Excellent Off-Axis Rejection
The LS-208 also features excellent off-axis rejection. It will provide excellent rejection of off-axis voices, instruments, crowds, etc., making it great for live radio broadcast and podcasts, or for multi-instrument, live-studio and on-stage recording or sound reinforcement.
Independent High and Low-Cut Filters
The fully independent, multi-stage high and low-cut filters help engineers balance recordings at the microphone and aid in successfully capturing the performance reducing the need for mixing.
The 2-stage low-cut aids in reducing low-end rumble, muddiness, and proximity effect.
The 2-stage high-cut helps tame bright instruments and high frequencies.
- Spider shock-mount with threaded nut and adjustable elbow joint.
- Hard mount with threaded nut and adjustable elbow joint.
- Foam windscreen to protect against plosives, wind, and debris.
- Hard case that fits all accessories and is built for the rigours of the road.
- Type: Front-Address large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Circuit: JFET transistor with transformer balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz-20KHz
- Dynamic Range: 135dB
- Impedance: >150 ohms
- SPL Handling: >135dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz)
- Self-noise Level: <15dB-A
- Sensitivity: 5mV/Pa -46dBV (0 dB=1V/Pa 1kHz)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Power Requirement: +48v Phantom power
- 50 & 120Hz Low-cut Filter
- 8 & 10 kHz High-cut Filters
- Microphone only: 1.05lbs – 0.48kg
- With shock mount: 1.75lbs – 0.79kg
- With hard mount: 1.30lbs – 0.59kg
- With case and accessories: 5.40lbs – 2.45kg
- Length: 7.5in (19.05cm)
- Diameter (w/ arm): 1.98in (5.3cm)
With Shock mount:
- Width: 4.7in (12cm)
- Depth: 4.8in (12.2cm)
Click to enlarge
This item currently has no reviews.