RME Digiface AVB
The new RME Digiface AVB is based on the AVB standard (Audio Video Bridging) and enables the transmission of up to 256 network audio channels between a Windows computer and other AVB devices within an audio Gigabit network via a single USB 3.0 cable.
The USB bus powered Digiface AVB operates using the open IEEE 802.1 protocol and enables synchronized and prioritized streaming of audio data over a gigabit network. The integrated USB 3.0 connection allows up to 128 audio channels to and from the AVB network with sampling rates of up to 192 kHz. Users can select between 2 and 32 channels as required to ensure maximum compatibility with AVB audio devices available on the market
In addition to the Gigabit Ethernet connection and USB 3.0 port, the RME Digiface AVB features word clock I/O and a headphone output for flexible, high-quality monitoring. As with all RME interfaces, the Digiface AVB includes the DSP-based TotalMix FX mixer with its comprehensive routing and monitoring options as well as an AVDECC controller. The controller enables detection of all AVB devices within a network and allows users to manage and monitor incoming and outgoing streams.
Like all the latest RME interfaces, the Digiface AVB also includes the powerful digital real-time mixer TotalMix FX. It allows for practically unlimited mixing and routing operations, with all inputs and playback channels simultaneously, to any hardware outputs. The Digiface AVB does not have a DSP, so there are no FX available. Still it includes a dedicated Control Room section with Talkback, Main/Phones, fader groups, mute groups, complete remote controllability via Mackie or OSC protocol, and much more.
Here are some typical applications for TotalMix:
- Setting up delay-free submixes. The Digiface AVB allows for up to 129 fully independent stereo submixes.
- Unlimited routing of inputs and outputs (free utilisation, patchbay functionality).
- Distributing signals to several outputs at a time. TotalMix offers state-of-the-art splitter and distributor functions.
- Simultaneous playback of different programs via a single stereo output. The ASIO multiclient driver supports the usage of several programs at the same time. When done on different playback channels TotalMix provides the means to mix and monitor these on a single stereo output.
- Mixing of the input signal to the playback signal (complete ASIO Direct Monitoring). RME not only is the pioneer of ADM, but also offers the most complete implementation of the ADM functions.
- Integration of external devices. Use TotalMix to insert external effects devices, be it in the playback or in the record path. Depending on the current application, the functionality equals insert or effects send and effects return, for example as used during real-time monitoring when adding some reverb to the vocals.
Every single input channel, playback channel and hardware output features a Peak and RMS level meter, calculated in hardware. These level displays are very useful to determine the presence and routing destinations of the audio signals.
Specifications TBC soon
This item currently has no reviews.